Thank you to everyone who has taken the poll. I know it’s a holiday weekend for my American readers so I’m not considering the poll “closed” until Monday night. I want to give everyone a chance to vote. Actually I’m not sure if I can lock down the poll. It’s my first poll. Another thing to add to the to-do list!
Last week I trialed the program Gneo for my weekly to-do list. I really like the program. My only issue is my to-dos were too broad. Here’re what my Gneo master list looks like with this week’s (including today’s) things crossed off:
What you can’t see is that I also worked on a number of things without completing the task. You can’t see that:
- I read two chapters of Market Yourself.
- I almost completed knitting Elspeth sample 1 and very roughly wrote the pattern.
- I started reviewing Vogue Knitting.
- I started the Social Media Plan.
- It doesn’t show I found even more quotes but haven’t had time to add them to the editorial calendar or schedule them in WordPress yet.
- It doesn’t show that the Lauch Plan is a “no time to advertise” launch plan I designed so I could get Drusilla out in time for Holiday Gift-making. It needs a lot of work before the next launch.
So, this week I’m going back to making my weekly plan in Evernote. It will be a Master Plan of all the things that need doing and will break them down into tasks. Those tasks will go on Daily Plans in Gneo. I think this will create a plan using the best features of both apps and will be less overwhelming than always looking at the Weekly Plan. So I’m going start that tonight so I can finish it up tomorrow before a family dinner and can post it in the evening here.
A difficulty is I will be travelling for two days this week by car (4-5 hours each day) as a passenger along with a three-year old who loves, really loves to play on Auntie’s iPad mini (with supervision and usually only sitting at a table or Emergency Care waiting room). He knows I have games on here for him. It makes him feel special and like a big boy. He doesn’t know 99% of those games were free apps of the day.
So I don’t know how much work I’ll be able to do on the iPad in the backseat with him or at the hotel overnight. I think he’s going to be getting a lesson on taking turns. And when it’s his turn I’ll read for fun on my Kobo or knit. So I’ll still be able to cross things off my daily lists!
I’ll let you know how it all works out next week!